WHAT WAX DO YOU USE ?
Our wax is made from a beautiful soft plant based wax
WHY WHEN MY CANDLE SETS DOES IT HAVE AN UNEVEN SURFACE?
With a vegetable wax this is normal behaviour.
They can have cracks and bumps, but is part of its personality and make up. This doesn’t affect the burn of your candle in anyway.
HOW DO I GET AN EVENLY BURNT CANDLE ?
An interesting fact is that candles have a memory.
When you first light and burn your candle, the wax learns from every burn, on how it should behave. Also you first light your candle, you should allow the wax to reach the edges, this is known as known as a ‘full melt pool’.
HOW LONG DO I BURN MY CANDLE FOR?
Do not have your candle lit for any longer that 4 hours at a time. your first burn needs to be long enough for the melt pool to reach the edges of the glass.
This should take about 3-4 hours.
- When relighting candles, trim the wick to about 1/2 cm, to avoid sooting and irregular burning.
- Always place on a safe, even surface.
- Never leave a candle burning unattended.
- Burn well out of reach of children and pets.
- Keep well away from flammable items.
- Do not expose the candle to draughts.
- Trim the wick before relighting.
- Do not move the candle when lit.
- Don’t blow out a burning candles near a naked flame.